Name:
Location: Israel

A simple person, happily married and a father of two daughters.

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Best Pencil Portrait Artists

I started sketching after visiting the sites of some incredible artists. The list is very long but here are some of my favorite.




Kevin Candon is a self taught artist, who uses several pencils, a black marker and some blending tools. All the pictures in his gallery include portraits, sometimes with a related object in the background. His style is very realistic. You can actually percept the emotions of his subjects. You can even feel the materials in his drawings (cloths, glass, etc.)

Here is a sample picture.

http://www.kevincandon.com/









Linda Huber is an artist who makes you shiver. She is insanely talented. She write poems, she is a photographer, and above all, she draws. Each one of her drawings in the gallery is a masterpiece. Her subjects include portraits, which sometimes include the whole person in the background, or still life objects. She works patiently on every little detail. You MUST see her site.

http://midtel.net/~imaginee/




James Garner presents only portraits in his site. He has several sytles of drawing. Sometimes he draws only the face of his subject, showing only strands of hair. The effect is very artistic, as you can see in the picture I selected.

Don't wait. Click on the following link.

http://www.jamesgarner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html










Lee Hammond is the author of several art books. As a beginner her books gave me a big push forward. Thank you Lee. Since you are also so talented, I selected one of the pictures in your site for my blog. Lee draws almost anything. From portraits, flowers, animals and still life to car-races and landscapes. She uses either colored pencils or graphite pencils. And the outcome - judge for your self.

http://www.leehammond.com/

















Speaking about colored pencils, Lisa Stapor is certainly one of the best. Her site also has a short tutorial on colored pencils drawings. But the main reason to go into her site is the way she uses colors. Her portraits are amazing, and the colors are so real.

http://www.stapor.com/











Clearly, there are plenty of other very gifted pencil artists. A simple search yields hundreds of internet sites with beautiful pictures. However, I selected those who inspired me.

I consider myself a novice artist, striving his way up. You are welcome to view a blog with my own creations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Fantastic!
Good Job Done!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Kevin Candon is a great guy. He helped me a lot when I was just starting out creating pencil portraits, and I try to help other artists when I can too.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

Portrait Artists

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home